Monday, October 5, 2015

Study Abroad With MSD Planner

Hi everyone! I sincerely apologize for my delayed blog post, but I promise to make up for it with extra words and photos.

So the reason for my delayed post is that I am currently in Lyon, France, studying French abroad for my final year of university. For this reason, my life is actually busier than it usually is. There is much fun to be had here, but the studying abroad also comes with much stress and anxiety.


My planner is currently set up with a MSD dashboard and some planner accessories including journaling cards, custom paperclips, and MSD notepad pages.



I am continuing to use my MarionSmithDesigns planner as a weekly/daily/list planner. I use the inserts to write down important things I have going on and need to do/complete by the end of the day.






I like using a planner to hold all of my todo lists and tasks to keep them in the same location. This has proved to work really well for me, because previously, I would write my todo lists on cute notepads, rip off the sheet, and lose it somewhere between my desk, purse, and car. Having all of my lists (granted they cannot be too extensive in the weekly layout) is a really convenient way for me to use my planner!




I especially like how Marion designs unlined inserts for more freedom while writing. This allows for me to plan and decorate as I desire, without any limitations. I generally use stickers to embellish the pages, but Marion's inserts are already so cute, they would still look great with handwriting only!


I particularly love the DIY checklist at the bottom of the inserts. I have been using this to track 5 different weekly things. 1) exercise 2) water consumption 3) days I wash my hair (I'm trying really hard to only do every second day!) 4) days I purchase lunch at the cafeteria on campus and 5) days I spend money on my lunch or dinner.



When travelling, I use my MarionSmith Designs planner to keep track of all events, plans, and activities going on. I also keep my passport in the pocket at the front. When I'm on the go, I also stick my maps in these pockets as well. I find this easier than throwing them into my purse because I know that they are tucked away safely in their own individual pocket.






This is the back of my heart of gold MSD planner, where there are more pockets! All of the pockets in this planner is a feature that I would't be able to live without! I use these pockets to hold some of my functional stickers for jazzing up my planner pages.




Thanks so much for reading, and I will be back soon! In the meantime, you can follow my Instagram account @lindsayplans for more photos of how im currently using my MSD planner!

xoxo,
Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to receive my very first A5 from you. I'm new to your products; what I see is what I want and placed my order immediately. I just hate the wait for pre-orders but totally understand! Loving what I see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait to receive my very first A5 from you. I'm new to your products; what I see is what I want and placed my order immediately. I just hate the wait for pre-orders but totally understand! Loving what I see!

    ReplyDelete